Since a child's first writing tool is usually a crayon, that crayon should be one that encourages him or her to use thumb, first and second fingers in a tripod grip. This is what makes Crayon Rocks a wonderful tool for fine motor development. Because of their shape, they do not allow kids to easily grip them in a closed fist or with any other inappropriate style of grip that deters fine motor development.
- MULTICOLOR CRAYONS - 1 Red bag of 16 and 1 Blue bag of 8 with gift cards.
- ERGONOMIC SHAPE – Used by occupational therapists and preschool teachers, they were specifically designed to strengthen the tripod grip muscles in young children and improve fine motor coordination. Allows small fingers to color easily in large, wide strokes. Developmentally appropriate for young children
- PORTABILITY AND EASY TO DISTRIBUTE -Intended for classrooms of 24 children. This box typically lasts an entire year even with frequent use.
- CRAYON SIZE, DURABILITY & SAFETY- 1 ¼ x 3/4 inch (Images may appear larger) long lasting and durable. Although appearing smaller, volume is actually equal to that of major brand stick crayons. Crayon Rocks are non-toxic and conform to ASTM D-4236, ASTM F-963, EN71-3 and CPSIA. See our CPC Certification under INFO: Safety and Toxicology on the far right menu bar.
- WARNING - Choking Hazard. Not for children under 3 years. Use with appropriate supervision.